Friday, February 13, 2009

So, it's been a while...


When you don't write in your blog for, like, five months, it's pretty obvious that you run the risk of losing what few readers you might have had to start with. Hello? Is anyone still there? (Voice echoing in the distance.)

Strangely, I've also had trouble trying to post on Blogger. It keeps giving me some strange html error message that I don't understand. So, it seems even my blog is mad at me for not blogging. As if I'm not stressed out enough as it is! Sheesh!

I have been stupidly busy since the beginning of September. Note to self: full-time editing job plus part-time teaching job plus volunteer literacy tutor position equals complete and utter insanity. Have absolutely learned my lesson. Will never repeat that formula again.

My life over the past five months has consisted of lots of work and little play. My at-home desk runneth over with papers that need to be filed, overdue library books that need to be returned, essays and exams written by my students, grammar manuals and style guides, and empty tea cups that never quite make it to the sink. I now know what burnout feels like and, frankly, I don’t care to relive that experience again. If overworking has made me learn anything, it’s that it makes me cranky and cantankerous. Not a combination I recommend. And I seem to have lost myself in the process. What is it that I used to do when I had free time? Who am I when I’m not constantly running through an endless list of things to do?

Over the past few months, I’ve eaten a lot of take-out, fallen off of the yoga wagon, and lived in a messy (and often dirty) apartment, with dishes piled high on the kitchen counter.

But now I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. You can expect more Mr. Lady blog posts coming soon. I promise.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home